There are 3 main patterns of I.B.S that people seem to suffer, these being
- IBS with constipation – repeated bouts of constipation
- IBS with diarrhoea – repeated bouts of diarrhoea
- IBS mixed – repeated bouts of constipation and diarrhoea
You can switch between all three and or have long periods in between flare ups.
Whatever you experience it can be uncomfortable, inconvenient and unpleasant to say the least and many can become anxious and or suffer depression.
Some research suggests hypnotherapy may help with IBS, the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence recognises hypnotherapy as a possible treatment.
Here is some self-help for sufferers of IBS
- Don’t skip meals
- Eat regular healthy meals
- Avoid eating late at night
- Eat mindfully
- Chew your food well
- Take regular exercise
- Make sure you have time to relax and distress.
Please contact me if you would like help with your IBS symptoms. I also stock Aloe Vera Drinking Gel that can help soothe and encourage healing to the colon.